When you receive a cancer diagnosis, many people turn to the Web for answers.
And while the Internet can be a wonderful tool, it is also a source filled with incorrect and outdated information as it relates to cancer.
For CARTI Approved Sites and stories related to cancer, click on any of the links below.
- “Radiation Therapy for Cancer” booklet, published by the American Society of Radiation Oncologists (ASTRO)
- ASTRO’s Resources Page, a listing of approved online resources for all types of cancer
- Brachytherapy Improves Outcomes for Localized Prostate Cancer published by Urology on Jan. 19, 2011
- Few major complications in 30 days after prostate radiotherapy from Reuters Health
- American Cancer Society
- M.D. Anderson Cancer Center
- Susan G. Komen For The Cure
- National Cancer Institute
- Prostate Cancer Foundation
- National Comprehensive Cancer Network
In an effort to provide you with accurate and up-to-date information, CARTI’s Oncologists have created the following Information Prescriptions with relevant links to learn more about your diagnosis and care, as well as to read stories about the treatments that are available.
- Questions to ask before treatment
- Questions to ask during treatment
- Questions to ask after treatment ends
- Questions to ask about training and safety